Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

That's 'About Me'

I was wondering how people use "About me" Section. So I thought I will do an "About Me" project and present it to you. Here is a little data I found out.

"About me" section is the place where you will find that all the Indians love the art of self-praising creatively. And I kinda appreciate it :P Well, It's never a good idea to "scare" readers when they visit your blogs, you see. I understand there is scarcity of honest readers too.
So bloggers can be divided into below categories.

(a) Reserved in nature- You would not find their profile pic or any kind of personal information on the blog. These kinds of bloggers love their 'privacy' and why not? All sort of people drop into your blogs that may include criminals who have been roaming as police wasn't able to catch hold of them or they have been bailed out even after doing major scams. Indian Constitution-which would severely punish Harvindar Singh for slapping Pawar and would treat Kasab with warm welcome followed by all kinds of hospitality.Come on! 'Atithi Devo Bhava' does not practise terrorists by all odds, kon samjhaye inhe?

(b) Daring-Bloggers who love challenges, are bold in nature and ready to take risks.Generally, you will find their profile pic, company they work for, fb link, linkedin and email ids.Their fb wall and photo section is open for public where you can virtually visit their family members, girlfriends, boyfriends etc. Either they believe the world is filled with beautiful and nice people Or they know that nobody will bother using or misusing their personal info. Even if anybody misuses the personal info, since these are daring people, they can deal with it.

(c) Mediators- Average kind of people who play very safe like 'me.' *TADA* They share 'Need to know' information only. They will put their occupation but not the company name. They talk about their hobbies, passions etc but nothing too personal. Their fb profiles are customized i.e. how much and what 'public' can access. They add only a few fellow-bloggers to their fb list.

So after all the research, I thought, I'm ready to share a little more about myself.

Blogging for meMore often than not, I go to hibernation mode for every 15 days appx, resume and write a post. So what do I do these 15 days? Apart from job, I spend my time on reading others blogs and books. I happen to be very picky about what I read and which blogs I follow. I never believe in  'follow me, I'll follow yours,' or phrases like 'hit the like if you like the post.' Precisely because I want people to listen to what they want. Follow you really like to read more of the blog. Comment if you really feel like commenting. Feel easy and that's the best you can do atleast when you are reading something :-) Hain?
Nature: Like Delhi's weather-Extreme in nature. Hard to please, Finical, Scrupulous, Demanding.
Virtues: Strong opinionated, complex in nature, moody, Peculiar, Assertive, talkative, thinker ( Mind you, since everyone in this world thinks, we all are thinkers )
Current City: I Stay in New Metrocity Bangalore. I love this city.
Philosophy: Admire people who help and think about others. Selfish people are least appreciated.
Hobbies: Besides writing blogs, I like reading blogs, books, news, surfing, sleeping, and doing nothing if time permits.
Occupation: A paid slave in one of the MNCs
Relationship Status: Well, that's personal.
Company Name: Too personal.
Social Life: None

So guys and girls! That's it for now. As I end this post, weekday is approaching and it's not a very good thing too :P Enjoy reading and don't take anything personal, I like seeing cheerful faces more :D

17 comments:

  1. That was a nice read.
    To me blogging is hobby. and when I blog, I enjoy complete freedom of expression. Love being "LeoPaw" without the person sitting beside me posting a comment to my blog entry not knowing it is all mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gargi :) I am in the first category yaa..i agree with LeoPaw on the freedom of expression part...for mere mortals like me..it is a way of making sure a part of your thoughts survive the bucket :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey GG, nice analysis :) guess I fall in the same category as u.. the mediator :)

    Havin read bout the ppl u follow, I'm flattered tht I hv the honor of u droppin by at my blog :)

    Nice to knw more bout u.. it adds another set of layers to the person knwn as GG.. n yap, nice 2 find a fellow Bangalorean out here :)

    Very clever of u to make a post out of the 'About You' section of the blog n a very gud read, GG :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeoPaw- That's nice to hear :) One should enjoy their freedom, If not for anyone else, atleast for the sake of martyrs. I didn't quite get the latter part...would you mind decoding it a little more for me? :)

    India's no.1 blog- Hey, Glad to see you here! I agree with both of you :)...SO u'r one of the reserve people...No wonder, I can't even get your name, forget about anything else :P

    R-A-J: You're visiting my small blog and commenting, I should be honored instead :)
    You too are mediator! Well, we're smart people, aren't we? :P We risk a little and are conscious about the choices we make!
    I'm glad my boring introduction helped a bit! Me too, happy to find a blogger who stays a few blocks away from my house! Thanks for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for complicating it.I just meant I fall under the first category and enjoy being that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the about me sections too...there's always too much to say to appear witty and brief:/
    you did a good job of it in this small post:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so you fall in the mediator list :P relationship personal :D

    And I guess I'm from the daring one's :)

    Weakest LINK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gargi, That was a very good analysis of profiles! You have excellent observation powers..:)
    Enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay I will do some tika tippani :D

    First I was in category a and then along this journey of blogging...I find myself now as Mediators "Need To Know" :)

    I think I would never see myself in the daring ones ;)

    P.S. Your new blog title seems to me like an action force G2...Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LeoPaw: So you are reserve...hmmm! try out being mediator if you'd like! It's a good place and not too risky :D Thanks for answering back though:)

    Suruchi: And there is always too much to prove that too :P
    Thanks if you believe that :-)

    Rachit: The daring-baaz! So you are one among who believe 'risk is life.' Yup, I happen to be one- Modest :) and yes, certain things are not for public :)

    Rahul: Good Observation skills...well, thanks :)

    Beyond Horizon: That's like being a sport! Your journey from being 'reserve to mediator' Ahhh, that's something nice! and Good to hear if you keep it that way...world is a "Bad" place at times :P
    G² is my name in short! First Alphabets of my name and sir name :D Thank u for loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. at least you wrote your about me...I have started few times but could not complete it :( it's a tough job :(

    stay connected!!!
    its me!!! sharan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) Glad to read your views especially when I have had my experiences with follow-me-follow-you bloggers. It disgusts me much. And indeed, work place is too personal. I do not even reveal my educational background unless asked by a blogger with whom I have been communicating for long enough...

    Cheers girl...keep up...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came across a new kind of a post today.
    Nice analysis and very good categorization.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sharanjayendra.com: I completed it after years...keep trying :)

    Thebluntblogger: Yes buddy, I can't stand these following you, follow me types...About personal information, good that it remains personal with public..many wannabes around :)

    Venkateswaran: Hey thanks! Good to receive such comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. "the art of self-praising creatively"...ha ha..wat are u doing in bang. move to institutes and do psychology...
    www.jhadeeprajjha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. About Me as a post - that's nice.
    I find it extremely difficult to fill in the About Me section & so have none. Like u said, too much self-praise goes on there :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deepraj: haha, that's a great suggestion. thanks :)

    Sujatha: Yes, its a difficult task. I tried summing it up somehow in the post. It should talk about both sides of the coin and not just the good part:)

    ReplyDelete

टीका-टिप्पणी :-)