Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

हजारों ख्वाहिशें ऐसी


This is a sad post. I don't expect you to read it if you're in good mood as you wouldn't want to spoil your quality time by heavy thoughts. If you are low, you might find it a place be at. I'm just writing as it feels better, not to gain sympathy, it doesn't help.
I'm neither happy nor sad. Not strong enough to let it go, not vulnerable enough to cry either. World is moving fast but I'm still- holding onto my train of thought, baffled and disappointed!
Why do we expect, desire, hope, 'fall' in love (Yes, 'falling' as you seldom rise in love) and land up in a state of calamity? Why do we give the remote control of our lives to someone else to make us feel miserable? Why do we run after one particular thing when we have thousands of better choices. Love is a state of mind but why is it powerful enough to make you do absurd things you had never imagined before? why does it transform you into a person you thought you'd never be. Questions are many and answers, none. Hoping it'll all pass soon....*Sigh*
Recalling Ghalib's lines, never thought that I could find myself in these ever. But life as you call it- is a fucking bitch!
हजारों ख्वाहिशें ऐसी कि हर ख्वाहिश पे दम निकले
बहुत निकले मेरे अरमाँ, लेकिन फिर भी कम निकले
निकलना खुल्द से आदम का सुनते आये हैं लेकिन
बहुत बे-आबरू होकर तेरे कूचे से हम निकले
मुहब्बत में नहीं है फ़र्क जीने और मरने का
उसी को देख कर जीते हैं जिस काफिर पे दम निकले
खुदा के बासते पर्दा ना काबे से उठा जालिम
कहीं ऐसा न हो याँ भी वही काफिर सनम निकले
कहाँ मयखाने का दरवाजा 'गालिब' और कहाँ वाइज़
पर इतना जानते हैं, कल वो जाता था के हम निकले
- मिर्जा गालिब

19 comments:

  1. Expect and desire are among the ones we can never stop rather we hold on to it too tightly to let them go.

    Giving the remote control in someone elses hand, whatever be the outcome...I think we want that someone in our life.

    Its a phase that will surely pass by cause hope is all that we have. and writing does help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you poured your heart out...there...that should help make u feel at least a little better..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond Horizon: Thanks a lot! Your words help me feel good :-)

    Rahul: Yeah, I do actually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm.. Not that I have never written sad posts, but I think you should cheer yourself up.. and think if the cause for your worry really deserves so much attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well well....i don't know what to say...guess, try to remember that happy memory :)...

    i just remembered the "bhool ja" song by Shaan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. even I'm in the same mood... desperately need a break out :)

    Weakest LINK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yogi: It needed my attention...it's something which you would not call good...I feel better after writing about it though..thanks :)

    Rachit: Good to get a company in bad timings..Yeah, I'm not alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUB: Just listening to the song now :P You know what, I feel good now, especially the music is pretty soothing ...You are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the club of heart-brokens! We form the majority in this world :)

    [Sorry for being an ass instead of offering consolations as I don't believe consolations has ever done any good to anyone. However, laughter has :)]

    ReplyDelete
  10. iy's deep and i too can feel your mood when you would had written that......dear, experience the pain and it will make experiencing love again a much more enjoyable affair..........felt good after reading this great poem once again.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Technoflirt: Thank you, Proud to be member of such club :)
    Right, Like I said, sympathy does not help...laughter does :) thanks!

    A guilty conscience: I was really low, and I'm happy to know that u understand...yup, but m not ready yet may be I will never be now :P Yes, the lines are magical...Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is my favourite gazal sung by jagjit singh. and I recently came to know that it is written by Ghalib.

    nice one;;;

    Jitendra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jitendra: It's awesome...isn't it ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope u feelin better nw GG.. reach out 2 ur friends, watcha movie or gt some sinful baskin n robbins.. shud help.. really hope u feelin better nw GG....

    I always keep this theory on the heart - me thinx tht the heart tht breaks itself the most is the one thts truly, truly alive.... n each heart ache is a lil bit of learnin.. bout life, bout love, bout ourselves - it shapes us, it moulds us n makes us better ppl...

    yup, its painful as hell but hell, I wudnt wanna hv it any other way..

    To aches, breaks n love... definitely nt fr the weak-hearted.. :)

    u gettin stronger GG..:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. R-A-J: I m much better now! thanks for the lovely ideas, I may try that next time I'm low...Your theory is supercool...I guess I have the most alive heart which just keeps breaking...It for sure, is painful but yes as you said, learning comes though hell lot of pain we go through! Thanks Raj :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mirza Ghalib is THE best & those are some wonderful lines

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes there is nothing left in a relationship... but we can't let them make us feel hurt, lonely and angry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes its good to leave it rather than getting hurt

      Delete

टीका-टिप्पणी :-)